Monday 17 August 2009

starting at the beginning

1988 - I am getting around on a yamaha XT 250 and decide that the Triumph bonneville is my dream ride.
1989 - I am getting around on a Suzuki Gsx750es and test ride a chopped and raked 59 thunderbird. Cant afford the asking price of 1800 bucks
FF>> many years and I am getting around on a 1959 Lambretta, have another 1962 Lambretta tv175 and two rare vespas. I own and run a classic scooter repaor workshop in Collingwood Melbourne, Australia.
I speak to a mate in a cafe and he tells me he wants an Enfield Bullet. I explain how I have always wanted a bonnie but could never keep up with the rising costs. As I am saying this the epiphany kicks in. Next day I sell two vespas and start looking for a bonnie.


MY BONNIE (the dark lord) was sold to me sight unseen from rural queensland. The seller had no knowledge of it but put me on to the guy who had it for 25 years up until two years ago. He sounded like he really knew his stuff and was very enthusiastic about the bike, the rebuilds, etc.

I bought it and had it shipped down to Melbourne, and so the story begins.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter