Wednesday 19 August 2009

RIGHT NOW

my first post in the present.
Summing up.

cylinder - at machinist
head - at machinist
Crank - at the balancer
the rest - on my new lift (the scooter one proved a little small for the triumph, and I wanted air-hydrailic anyway)
clutch - seems ok, but i have new friction plates ready to go in. Tangs on steels seem ok. Ordered new rod. The square ended studs were very lightly tack welded on. As the welds were small (and two of them broken off) I will clean them up and pretend they never happened. I made a cutch screw tool by welding a washer to an old screwdriver , then linishing half of it off. easy.
centrestand - my big chance to sort this out. Today I found the holes in the frame very elongated, the contact seats worn away, the spring bent and the whole stand bent. Still deciding what to do about all this. I 'unbent' the stand (I am a blacksmith of sorts). I will explore making bushes to go into the frame holes, and reface the contact seat on the stand itself. nything to avoid welding onto the frame.
Fuel tank - I should strip it back and sort it out, but I won't. No time.
Gearbox - Look, the thing changed through the gears alright, so I am going to reasswemble as-is. Welcome comments as to "while you are in there you really should...." One third of one tooth on one gear is chipped.
Carbs - have alredy sorted out a pair of very well refurbished carbs . 930 concentric Amals. hand made slides and remachined air screws.
Rocker boxes - will clean up a bit and replace o-ring. That's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter