Wednesday 30 September 2009

spring has sprung in Melbourne

engine in, chain on, wheel aligned, electrics connected, breathers setup, pegs on.... and oilways connected.

I have primed the case with 120ml oil as well as filling the return tube. The tank is full.
The head is not on yet.
When I operate the kickstart lever by hand (on the lift) oil bubbles up out of the return tube, so I guess the scavenge part is working.
Currently searching the forums for a static test for the intake part of the pump.
So far found a very recent one by GPZ saying to 'crack' the dome on the relief and hope for oil dribbling out. I tried this by hand and had no luck. I had to leave and open up my bar, so I will try again tomorrow.
Spring is in the air around here so I am hoping to be on the road again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter