Wednesday 30 September 2009

Head on Collusion

Just didn't have enough oil in the tank.
All seems ok in that dept now.

Today I torqued down the head and fitted the rocker boxes.
Having a double thickness head gasket made gettign the right squash tricky. I ended up with about 1mm with the bolts finger tightened down.
I am guessing the double gasket will squash maybe twice as much as the single, so hopefully there is enough pressure on my orings by the time I have re-torqued the head down.
The 71 has black orings at the top and squared white seals at the bottom AS WELL AS big red orings inside the tube.

Chainguard is on.

To go -
torque rockers down
attach rocker oil feed
fill gearbox
carbs on
new throttle cables on
attach speedo cable
attach and adjust clutch cable
adjust clutch
tank on
pipes on
kick the bastard

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter