Friday 11 September 2009

drumroll please - about to start the engine build


 
  • The barrel is bored
  • the crank has been blueprinted and dynamicaly balanced
  • The conrods are on, the head is due on Monday.
I have
  • scrubbed the cases
  • replaced seals, bearings etc. 
  • rocker boxes rebuilt.
  • replaced 3 worn and broken gears
  • touched up the frame paint
  • flushed the frame/oil tank
  • replaced oil lines and breather hoses
  • replaced rear brake shoes
  • added a rectifier/regulator to replace zener etc.
  • straightened and painted the footpegs
  • had plunger gear selector detente added to replace leaf spring type.
  • sewed a patch on my jacket
LET THE GAMES BEGIN

All I have to do is assemble. The pricey stuff is paid for. The tolerances are (hopefully) perfect. The parts are ready. I have a fully equipped workshop, a haynes manual, an owners manual, a parts book and even DVD. I have rebuilt many 2-stroke motors including a custom racing Vespa. All this and I am still a bit nervous. I think it is probably the time invested as well as teh cosy of replaceing pistons that make the possibility of engine failure so terrifying.
Stay tuned for the good stuff in the coming week....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter