Thursday 8 October 2009

Loud pipes save lives

All this work and all this money has left me a little disappointed.
It dawned on me this morning that the sound of the bike is pissweak. What's the point of having a british twin, let alone a rebuilt one if it sounds like a bloody honda.
On the way home I dropped into see Phil and get some oil when he said "you know the main problem with your air filter.... is your bloody mufflers. They are really restrictive".
That was it, I went back to the workshop and grabbed the old thunder-tubes.
Awesome.
I am stuck between really really loud sausages, and really quiet dunstall replicas. I wonder if it is possible to de-baffle the dunstalls, or add some kind of baffle to the bangers.
The Dunnies are all welded up and I cant see any way in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter